Perkedel Jagung - Indonesian Corn Fritters
These Indonesian Corn Fritters (Perkedel Jagung) are a very tasty snack that can be eaten as an appetiser or to accompany the main meal. These corn fritters are very easy to make and can be prepared a few hours before frying.
- 1 can of corn kernels, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 chillies
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- Place the corn, egg, garlic and chillies in a blender. Blend until well mixed. Pour the mixture into a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and the chopped spring onions. Mix well.
- Heat a wok or a deep frying pan, add one cup of oil. When the oil is hot, fry spoonfuls of corn mixture in the oil until golden brown, drain and place on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot as snacks or with the main meal.