The global superfood industry is reportedly worth over $130 billion, with Australians among the biggest spenders when it comes to purchasing healthy foods. But luckily, just because a product is considered a ‘superfood’ doesn’t mean it has to come with an expensive price tag.
Kiwifruits, especially the gold variety, are one such superfood. Known predominately for the green variety, following eight years of research and development, Zespri has produced the Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, a gold variety that packs a sweeter, juicier taste. The Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit is equally nutritious, if not more; in fact it is one of the world’s most nutrient-rich fruits, and just one piece of kiwifruit contains 100% of your daily Vitamin C requirements. Being so rich in Vitamin C, these kiwifruits enhance your health in numerous ways, including improving your immunity, vitality levels, and how you look. Plus, the Vitamin C content in a single Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit is higher than most other common fruit. It also contains 20 DHA nutrients and antioxidants like folate, potassium, vitamin E and fibre that help you function at your best.
So before you start shelling out large amounts of money for superfoods, here are five reasons you should go for gold with Zespri SunGold Kiwifruits instead:
- They help kick-start your day. Given their high levels of Vitamin C, they help reduce the feelings of fatigue and hunger between meals. As they’re also low GI, kiwifruits can help manage blood sugar levels and provide longer lasting energy, so if you find yourself getting sluggish, or with the craving to snack throughout the day, consider eating a Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit. In fact, scientific research has proven that eating a kiwifruit half an hour before your usual cereal breakfast significantly slows and reduces the uptake of sugars from your breakfast into your blood stream.
- They help achieve healthy skin. A single kiwifruit contains a range of antioxidants that help improve the health and vitality of your skin. As well as protecting skin from degeneration, the antioxidants also assist to repair any damage that has already occurred.
- They assist with muscle repair. Exercise causes micro-tears in muscle tissues, and the speed in which they are repaired determines whether or not an injury occurs. Zespri SunGold Kiwifruits are a source of potassium, and combined with the high Vitamin C levels, enables your body to digest and absorb the proteins needed to improve the recovery process after exercise, meaning you’re back on your feet quicker!
- They help prevent sickness. Wondering why you’re always getting sick, or why it takes you so long to recover? Often your poor performing immune system is to blame. Vitamin C has been proven to boost the function of the immune system, meaning your body is better equipped to protect itself from illness.
- They relieve bloating. Being a source of fibre and the unique digestive enzyme actinidin, kiwifruits are scientifically proven to be effective when it comes to achieving good digestive health. Just two Zespri SunGold Kiwifruits can relieve bloating, keep your bowel movements regular, and aid the natural digestion process.
[important]To try delicious Zespri SunGold Kiwifruits, and to learn more about their health benefits, visit The Zespri Sun-Up Event. This free health and fitness event is taking place at Dockside Pavilion, Darling Harbour from 8.30am-11.30am on June 4, with workouts hosted by Cassey Ho of the #1 YouTube Female Fitness Channel, Blogilates. Hosted by MC SWTLKR, there will also be music by Soul of Sydney DJs, warm ups with the The SunGold mascot and Sun-Up Squad, and heaps more health and fitness activities to enjoy. For your free tickets visit www.zesprigoforgold.com[/important]