This marinade will take your steaks to a new level of perfection. If you like Houston’s Hawaiian Ribeye Steaks then this is definitely the copycat recipe for you.
Houston's Hawaiian Marinade for Steak
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder)
- ½ tablespoon minced fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- Combine all of the ingredients and warm until gently simmering. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Put steaks (or chicken) in a sealable plastic bag or a shallow glass dish. Add marinade. (If using glass dish, cover with plastic wrap.)
- Let marinate in refrigerator 24 - 48 hours (allow up to 72 hours for good marination).
- Remove meat and discard liquid.
- Grill or broil until desired doneness