Shattah – Middle Eastern Hot Sauce
Saudis like their Kabsa with this hot sauce. Made from a combination of simple ingredients that yield huge flavours.
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 red Jalapeño peppers, stem removed
- 15 Thai bird chillies, stems removed
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until a nice, smooth mixture.
- Add the mixture to a sauce pan, cover, and place on medium heat for about five minutes or until it has fully came to a boil.
- Stir, remove from the heat and let cool.