These Butternut Pumpkin Muffins are so delicious, no one will know they are really healthy too. They taste a bit like carrot cake and are a great way to get your kids to eat some pumpkin!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Butternut pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup raisins; optional
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- Into a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Toss lightly with a fork.
- In separate bowl, combine butternut pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla; stir well. Make a well in centre of dry ingredients; pour in pumpkin mixture. Add raisins, if using, and chopped pecans; stir just until ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease well and dust with flour. Fill the about ⅔ full with the pumpkin muffins batter and bake at 200°C, for 20 minutes.
- Remove butternut muffins and cool.