These muffins are moist and scrumptious with a touch of spice from the cinnamon, nutmeg and the awesome flavour of espresso coffee. They are great for brunch, dessert, or snacks, and they also freeze well. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons Nescafe Espresso Coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup butter; melted and cooled
- 1 large egg; slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Queen Essence Natural Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Cadbury Milk Chocolate Cooking Chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line muffin tins with papers or grease liberally.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, espresso or instant coffee, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix milk, butter, egg, and vanilla until combined. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture only until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes for standard muffins, 10 to 12 minutes for mini-Muffins