Easter Hot Cross Muffins
These delicious Easter muffins have all the flavours of a hot cross bun, except they are a lot quicker and easier to make!
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Muffins
- 250 g plain flour
- 140 g mixed dried fruit
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 60 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 4 teaspoon milk (approximately)
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Measure the flour, dried fruit, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and orange rind into a bowl, whisking all well together.
- Beat together the milk, eggs, and butter. Add all at once to the dry ingredients. Mix together only to moisten.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until risen and lightly browned. Remove from the oven. Tip out onto a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Whisk together the icing sugar and enough water to make a creamy drizzle. Spoon over top of the cooled muffins in the shape of a cross.