These lychee muffins are soft and delicious and they never fail to delight! A lychee is a sub tropical fruit originating in South China where the lychee is very important in their culture and is famed as "the King of Fruits".
- 250 g self-raising flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 cup lychee, drained and diced ( reserve juice and make up to 1 cup with water to make syrup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 100 g butter; melted
- Combine yoghurt, lychee syrup and egg. Mix well. Stir in melted butter.
- Sift flour over the butter mixture. Fold till just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in chopped lychees. Spoon batter into muffin case.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 25 minutes.