Mango Muffins with Coconut Crumble
These quick and easy mango muffins have a delightful tropical taste, and can be eaten hot or cold. Try them as a dessert with a nice warm custard
- 350 g chopped mango (about 2-3 large mangoes)
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 150g melted butter or macadamia nut oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
For coconut crumble
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 80g soft butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flour and caster sugar into a bowl. Add the milk, butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix through lightly until combined.
- Lastly fold through the mango chunks. Spoon into muffin cups about ⅔ full. Combine the crumble ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and cooked through.