Oat and Apricot Muffins
A delightful combination of oats and dried apricots make the perfect muffin topped with a dollop of whipped cream. Try adding a few chopped pecans for an extra surprise.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 4½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1½ tablespoon quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats, if desired
- Heat oven to 200°C. Grease 12 regular-size muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, mix the flour, 1 cup oats, baking powder and salt.
- In small bowl, mix the brown sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and egg with fork or wire whisk until blended.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until flour is moistened.
- Fold in apricots. Divide evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle each with about 1 teaspoon oats.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm or cool.