These tasty muffins are wonderfully moist from the diced and sliced pears with a hint of coconut sneaking through.
Pear and Coconut Muffins
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Muffins
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup sparkling apple juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus 1 tablespoon extra to serve
- 1 medium pear, finely sliced and/or diced
- Preheat oven to 180°C, grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, almond meal, coconut sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a medium sized jug, whisk together the eggs, and all of the remaining ingredients except the pear.
- Pour into the flour mix and stir to combine.
- Stir through pear and divide evenly between prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes, cover with foil at 20 minutes if browning too quickly.
- Brush with extra maple syrup while warm.