If you love the Pennsylvania Dutch classic Shoofly Pie, then these muffins are going hit the right spot. With the same buttery texture and streusel topping that no one can resist!
Shoofly Streusel Muffins
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3¾ tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup molasses
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line 18 muffins cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add butter and mix with a fork or your hands until crumbly. Reserve ½ cup of mixture for topping.
- Stir remaining ingredients into flour mixture.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full with batter.
- Sprinkle reserved topping mixture over batter and distributing evenly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.