Wholemeal Persimmon Muffins
These healthy wholemeal persimmon muffins are a real treat when served with a dollop of whipped cream and a mug of your favourite coffee.
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup sultanas
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 cup ripe persimmon pulp, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a small bowl combine all wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Gently fold together until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin pan, bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops bounce back. Serve warm or cooled.