Cajun-inspired Smoked Sausage Lasagna
Prawns and spicy sausage give this makeover of the classic Italian lasagna dish a full-flavoured Cajun-inspired dinner delight.
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodle sheets
- 2 x 420 g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 - 3 green chillies, finely chopped (optional, to taste)
- 340 g small prawns, shelled, rinsed and drained
- 225 g smoked spicy sausage (andouille or kielbasa), cut into 5 mm slices
- 490 g jar Dolmio Alfredo pasta sauce or 1½ cups of our Alfredo Sauce
- 225 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 60 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, if desired
- Heat oven to 175°C. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomatoes and ⅓ of the diced chillies in an ungreased 23 x 20 x 3 cm (3 litre) baking dish.
- Top with 5 lasagna sheets, overlapping slightly as needed. Layer with half each of the remaining tomatoes, diced chillies, prawns, sliced sausage, Alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake about 30 minutes or until centre is hot and bubbly.
- Uncover and bake 15 - 20 minutes longer or until the cheese has melted.
- Let the lasagna stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.