Take a break from your standard layered lasagna and go playful with these cheesy lasagna rollups.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Pasta
- 3½ cups pasta sauce, divided
- 900 g ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 - 14 lasagna noodles, prepared according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Pour half the pasta sauce over the bottom of a 23 x 20 x 3 cm (13 x 9 x 2 inch) baking tin.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, and salt until well blended.
- Spoon cheese mixture over lasagna noodles, distributing evenly, and roll up tightly.
- Place rollups seam-side down in prepared baking dish; top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes, or until heated through.