Penne with Herbs, Tomatoes, and Peas
Our Penne with Herbs, Tomatoes, and Peas is an ideal dish for entertaining or to serve to company, this pasta dish is full of only the freshest flavours of the season.
- 225 g uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 30 g fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved (about ¼ cup)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 4 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes to pan; cook 1 minute. Add pasta mixture, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil and parsley. Sprinkle with cheese.