- 300g bread flour
- ¾ cup (190 ml) warm water
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) full-fat milk powder
- 7 g sachet instant yeast
- ¾ tablespoon (15ml) brown sugar
- 2¼ tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- polenta (cornmeal), for kneading dough to shape
- Add milk powder, yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil and water to a large bowl; stir until combined.
- Fold through flour until just combined, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-10 minutes or until a smooth ball forms.
- Place dough ball into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling wrap.
- Set aside in a warm draught free place for 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface and knock back (punch) the dough to remove excess air, lightly knead.
- Divide dough into 3 dough balls and set aside until required.
- Sprinkle a large flat surface with polenta and gently spread the dough out, with fingers, to the desired shape (do not use a rolling pin)
You need to have a very hot preheated oven (preheat for about 15 minutes)
Make sure you keep the pizza pan or pizza stone inside the oven while it is pre-heating so it is also hot.
Spray a little water inside the oven to get rid of the dry air (this is an important part of getting the crust just right).