Chimichurri Chorizo Pizza - Pizza con Chorizo y Salsa Chimichurri
Chimichurri sauce, a garlicky herb salsa, is one of South America's most famous exports. It pairs very well with meats and especially with chorizo, a spicy Spanish-style sausage.
- dough for one pizza (homemade or store-bought)
- 3 chorizo sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup Chimichurri sauce
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 230°C. If using pizza stone, place in oven to preheat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet. Remove casings from sausages and crumble into skillet. Cook sausage over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Place cream cheese and tomato/pizza sauce in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 20 second intervals, stirring after each, until cream cheese is melted and well mixed with the tomato sauce. Stir the chimichurri sauce into the tomato/cream cheese mixture.
- Roll out pizza dough to a 35 cm circle (or according to recipe directions or directions on package). If using a pizza stone, transfer dough to a wooden board dusted with polenta. Otherwise place dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Spread sauce over pizza, leaving a ½ border around the edges without sauce. Sprinkle the sausage pieces, mushroom slices, black olives, and coriander over the pizza.
- Bake pizza on pan (or slide directly onto pizza stone, if using) for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
Yield : One 30 cm pizza