The perfect pizza snack or lunch on Meatless Monday. This is a quick, easy,and tasty recipe that is sure to please.
Poached Egg and Rocket Pizza
- 1 pre-made pizza crust ( or make you own - see here for recipe)
- cooking spray
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup (60g) fresh shaved Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 large eggs
- 150 g baby rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Place pizza dough on a baking sheet or pizza tray lightly coated with cooking spray or lightly smeared with oil; place in preheating oven. Bake as oven heats for 7 minutes.
- Combine the ricotta and ¼ cup Romano. Remove pan or tray from oven. Quickly spread cheese mixture over dough, leaving a 1 cm border around the edges. Return pan to oven, and bake for 5 minutes.
- While pizza bakes, add water to a large skillet, filling ⅔ full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Add vinegar. Break each egg into a custard cup, and pour gently into pan. Cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Carefully remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon.
- Combine rocket leaves, remaining ¼ cup Romano cheese, and the next 4 ingredients ( extra-virgin olive oil through to the salt) in a large bowl; toss well. Top pizza with rocket mixture and eggs; sprinkle with pepper. Cut into 6 slices or pieces.