A delightful combination of red potatoes, taleggio cheese, and fresh sage combine to make a tasty gourmet pizza.
Potato and Taleggio Cheese Pizza
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- ½ caster sugar
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 100ml olive oil, plus extra, to grease
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped fresh sage leaves, plus ⅓ cup extra leaves
- 100g taleggio cheese, cut into rough 1cm pieces
- 400g red potatoes, thinly sliced
- Combine yeast, sugar and 180ml (¾ cup) warm water in a small bowl. Stand for 10 minutes or until frothy. Transfer to a bowl with flour, 2 tablespoons oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir until mixture comes together. Knead on a floured surface for 10 minutes to a smooth dough. Place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover. Set aside to prove for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Place 2 heavy-based baking trays in the oven and preheat to 220°C. Knock down dough, divide in half, then roll out each half to an 18cm x 30cm rectangle on a sheet of lightly floured baking paper.
- Combine garlic and 1 tablespoons oil in a bowl. Brush over bases. Scatter over sage and cheese. Top with potato. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizzas with paper on trays. Cook for 15 minutes. Add extra sage and cook for a further 5 minutes or until potatoes are golden and bases are crisp.