The usual Italian varieties of pizza are available in Australia, though more common is the style with more and richer toppings than the standard Italian style. A common unique type is the Aussie Pizza which has the barbecue sauce base and mozzarella cheese with bacon and egg.
- 1 large pizza base
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 2-4 teaspoons crushed garlic, optional
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 200 g leg ham, chopped
- 100 g bacon, fat trimmed
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 eggs, whole or lightly beaten
- 100 g grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place base on a nonstick pizza baking tray.
- Combine sauce and garlic and spread over bases, leaving a 1 cm border, then add toppings.
- Crack the eggs onto the top (or drizzle with egg if beaten), sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, until egg sets.
[notice]Oh, and please don’t forget to Like or Share – we love the love.[/notice]