Barberton coleslaw is a part of the traditional Barberton Chicken meal, along with a Rice and Tomato Sauce side dish. This recipe makes 4 servings of the vinegar based coleslaw.
Author: The Cook
- 1 small head cabbage, about 600 g
- ¾ cup vinegar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- Shred cabbage. You should have about eight cups.
- Combine vinegar, oil and sugar and whisk until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour dressing over cabbage and season with salt. Toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours, stirring occasionally.