A simple yet tasty coleslaw with the addition of vintage cheddar and a hint of mustard for flavour.
Coleslaw with Cheese and Chives
- 400 g white cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2½ tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
- 2½ tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 20 g punnet chives
- 100 g vintage cheddar, grated
- Put shredded cabbage into a large mixing bowl. Add the carrot, onion, mayonnaise, yoghurt and mustard.
- Snip in most of the chives.
- Mix coleslaw well with your hands, making sure every bit of salad is coated in the dressing.
- Season, then cover and chill or serve sprinkled with the grated cheese and remaining chives.