This salad combines cucumber and jícama with a sweet-sour, slightly spicy dressing and makes a great side to any Mexican-inspired meal.
Jícama and Cucumber Salad
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 long green cucumber
- 1 small jícama
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder (or to taste)
- Cut the cucumber into 7 cm lengths, then thinly slice lengthwise, avoiding the seeds.
- Cut slices into matchsticks.
- Peel jícama and slice thinly.
- Stacking several slices at a time, cut lengthwise into matchsticks.
- In a bowl, toss jícama, cucumber, honey, and fresh lime juice until combined.
- Season with coarse salt and chilli powder.