A simple salad of raw shredded kale and Brussels sprouts is a refreshing variation on cold weather’s ubiquitous vegetables.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
A simple salad of raw shredded kale and Brussels sprouts is a refreshing variation on cold weather's ubiquitous vegetables.
- 450 g Brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch kale (about 350g), stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- Trim the woody ends off the Brussels sprouts. In a food processor fitted with the shredding disc, process sprouts until uniformly shredded. (If you don't have a food processor, you can slice the sprouts using a mandoline, or very finely by hand.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, and olive oil. Add the kale and shredded Brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.