Baked Lamb Chiko Rolls
Chiko Rolls have always been a mystery, the contents of which you can never be sure of. The recipe for Homemade Chiko Rolls is very much like the real thing, however this easy recipe is a variation that has an Asian twist to it and is great when served with a chilli sauce dip.
- 200g cooked lamb, finely diced
- 1 cup green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 celery stick, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Tamari Soy Sauce
- 8 sheets rice paper
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil, for brushing
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove the rice paper and soak in water, one sheet at a time.
- Add the onion, garlic, cabbage, celery and carrot to the frying pan and cook until soft. Add the lamb, miso paste and tamari and cook until heated through.
- Lay 1 rice paper roll at a time and spoon 3 tablespoons of mixture at the bottom centre of the sheet and fold the sides into the middle and roll. Brush the roll with oil and cover with slightly moist tea towel. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Brush the baking tray with a little oil and place the rolls on the tray, cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with chilli sauce.