BBQ Pork Sandwich
Slow cooked pork is at its best in these delicious sandwiches with barbecue slaw and Lexington Style barbecue sauce.
For pulled pork
- 1.8 kg pork shoulder roast
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon liquid smoke
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
For dry rub
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- ½ tablespoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
For BBQ Pork Sandwich
- 6 soft hamburger buns with seeds or bread rolls
- Lexington Style barbecue sauce
- barbecue slaw or coleslaw
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Mix the dry rub ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle dry rub all over the pork roast, rubbing or pressing into the pork. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hours.
- Combine liquid ingredients and the garlic powder in a medium bowl and pour into a large Dutch oven. Add the pork roast.
- Place pork in the oven and tightly cover with aluminum foil then lid. Roast for 4 hours or until fork tender and shreds easily. Baste the roast with cooking liquid every hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Shred the pork with a fork or tongs into bite size pieces.
- Serve on hamburger buns topped with BBQ sauce and cole slaw.