A delicious sandwich roll filled with chunks of cooked lobster mixed with a coating of lemony mayo and a few other optional ingredients. New England street-food at its best.
Cuisine: New England
Recipe type: Seafood
Serves: 6 Rolls
- 500 g cooked lobsters
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 stalks celery, stringed and finely diced
- 2 spring onions, finely diced (optional)
- shredded lettuce
- pinch of cayenne pepper (plus extra to serve)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 hot dog buns
- snipped chives (optional)
- Crack the lobster, remove all the meat, cut it into large chunks and set aside. (Lobster shells can be kept to make a lobster stock.)
- Mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, celery, cayenne and a small pinch of salt, then fold the lobster through to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning. (If eating straight away leave at room temperature, otherwise chill for up to 1 day in advance.)
- To serve, split the rolls (on top is best), line with shredded lettuce, and divide the lobster mix between the rolls. Scatter with chives (if using).
- Serve with fries and sliced gherkin.