This sausage is pork, with noodle as the meat stretcher and mushroom as the flavouring. This sausage really needs a helping of fat to blend it, hence the addition of pork back fat.
Sie Grawk Woonsen Hed Hom - Pork Noodle & Mushroom Sausages
- 175 g shiitake mushrooms
- 200 g glass noodles
- 25 g galangal
- 10 g kaffir lime leaves
- 25 g lemon grass
- 100 g pork fat (finely chopped)
- 350 g pork mince
- 10 cloves garlic
- 4 coriander roots
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Rinse the sausage skins, mine came packed in salt, they needed extensive rinsing.
- Soak the glass noodles and mushrooms in water for 6-8 hours.
- Blend the galangal, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, garlic, coriander root and pork fat together in a blender.
- Mix all the ingredients together. A food mixer is a good idea at this point, you want a well blended mix.
- Pipe into the sausage skin.
You can taste and adjust the filling, by cooking a spoonful in the microwave or skillet and tasting it.