Baked Coral Trout Fillets with Asian Salad
Deliciously baked Coral Trout fillets served with a fresh Asian herb salad topped with a tamarind dressing.
- 4 x 150 - 200 g coral trout fillets, skin on
For Asian herb salad
- ½ cup green papaya, peeled and flesh very finely shredded
- 1 green mango, peeled and flesh very finely shredded
- 1 mango, flesh finely sliced
- ½ cup snowpea shoots
- 8 snowpeas, finely shredded on an angle
- ½ cup picked Vietnamese mint leaves
- ½ cup picked Thai basil leaves
- ½ cup picked coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- ¼ cup peanuts, lightly toasted, oiled and salted and broken up
For tamarind dressing
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar, crushed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4½ tablespoons tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
For the Salad and Dressing
- Prepare the salad by combining all of the salad ingredients into a bowl and set aside for serving.
- To make the tamarind dressing - Gently warm the palm sugar with the water in a saucepan until it has fully combined.
- Whisk in the tamarind puree.
- Slowly add the olive oil to the mix and whisk through then add the fish sauce and whisk to combine.
- Set aside for serving.
For the Coral Trout Fillets
- Pre heat oven to 220C.
- Drizzle olive oil over a warm fry pan, then place the seasoned coral trout fillet, skin side down, over medium heat and fry for about 4 minutes until you begin to see the skin lightly browning around the side.
- Place the pan in the oven for about 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove pan from the oven and gently turn the fish over, to finish cooking.
- Place the fish in the centre of a serving plate.
- Top the fish with some salad and spoon over the tamarind dressing.
The green fruit in the salad can be prepared using a mandoline