Ginger and soy sauce give this steamed barramundi an Asian flavour. It is a quick and easy fish meal that can be cooked in either a steamer or microwave.
- 1 whole barramundi, cleaned
- 6 spring onions
- grated fresh ginger, as required to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Wash fish thoroughly and pat dry. Place fish on a heatproof plate.
- Chop spring onions and spread a generous amount of spring onions and grated ginger inside and outside the fish.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce and add just a little water (to keep the fish moist).
- Wrap cling wrap around the fish and plate allowing an opening at each end to let the steam out.
- Put in 1100 watt microwave oven for about 12 minutes (adjust time to size of fish) and serve.