A tasty combination of Blue eye cod fillets with Roma tomatoes, potatoes, and fresh herbs to spark up a cold winters night. A straight-forward recipe that’s easy to prepare.
Baked Blue-Eye Cod with Potatoes
A tasty combination of Blue eye cod fillets with Roma tomatoes, potatoes, and fresh herbs to spark up a cold winters night. A straight-forward recipe that's easy to prepare.
- 500 g blue-eyed cod, other thick, firm-fleshed white fish steaks, cut into 5 cm chunks
- 500 g red potatoes, unpeeled and cut in 1½ cm thick slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 75 g rocket leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine potato, onion, oil and half the salt in a medium baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring mixture once.
- Stir tomato, garlic and oregano into potato mixture. Spread the rocket over the top in an even layer. Top with fish steaks. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Bake, covered with aluminium foil, just until fish is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer fish and vegetable mixture to serving plates. Spoon pan juices over each serving.