Blue-Eye Cod Curry
Fresh and healthy fish curry makes a great meal choice.
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1½ teaspoons turmeric powder
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- 400g blue eye cod, skinned and cut into 4cm cubes
- ¾ cup plain yoghurt
- 20 ml lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan, add onion, ginger, garlic and salt and sweat over low-medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onion is soft and starting to caramelise.
- Add spices and cook, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add stock or water and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add fish to pan and stir gently to cover fish with sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add yoghurt and lime juice, remove from heat and stir gently.
- Serve with steamed rice or a pasta of your choice.