Blue-Eye Cod with Herb Butter
White fish are low in cholesterol and kilojoules, but high in valuable minerals, including potassium and phosphorus, and have useful quantities of niacin.
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon drained horseradish
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 blue-eye cod or thick bream fillets (200 g each)
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 100g mixed salad leaves, for garnishing
- Preheat the grill.
- Beat together the butter and cream cheese in a medium bowl until well combined. Stir in the dill, chives, horseradish, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Grill the fish 15 cm from the heat for 2 minutes each side or until the fish is just cooked through.
- Serve topped with the herb butter and garnished with the dill sprigs. Arrange the salad leaves alongside.