Blue-Eye Cod with Mango Salsa
Try this low-fat, quick and easy meal from blue-eyed cod and mango salsa that’s full of flavour. A simply divine combination for when mangoes are in season. Try to choose a mango that’s firm or even a little under-ripe with its skin tinged with green.
- olive oil, for brushing
- 4 blue eye cod cutlets (about 800g)
- 1 mango, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped red onion
- ½ capsicum, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon chopped chilli, or to taste
- juice of ½ lime or lemon
- freshly cracked black pepper
- new potatoes
- mixed leaf salad
- Heat a char grill or barbecue plate. Brush with a little olive oil.
- Seal fish for 30 seconds each side. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked to taste.
- Combine all ingredients for Mango Salsa in a bowl.
- Serve blue eyed cod with salsa, together with new potatoes, a mixed leaf salad and lime wedges.