This simple Blue-eyed Cod recipe is quick and easy to prepare and combined with the salsa, makes a delightful family meal. Try serving it with a side of crispy French Fries and our Potato-Cucumber Salad with Mango.
Roasted Blue Eyed Cod with Vanilla Chilli Salsa
- 4 blue eyed cod fillets (about 150g each)
- 1 telegraph cucumber, halved lengthways, seeded and chopped
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup mint leaves
- ⅓ cup baby basil leaves
- ⅓ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- Place cod in hot pan and sear both sides until golden.
- Place in pre-heated hot oven 200°C for 6-8 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Combine vanilla bean paste, cucumber, chilli, mint, basil, parsley and lime rind in a medium bowl; mix well. Stir through combined remaining ingredients.
- Spoon salsa over cooked cod and serve immediately.