A delightful blend of creamy avocado and sweet tasting crabmeat wrapped in crispy wonton wrappers. Great with a spicy or sweet and sour dipping sauce.
Baked Crab and Avocado Wontons
- 225 g crab meat
- 1½ avocados
- 225 g cream cheese
- ⅓ cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 24-30 small wonton wrappers
- 3 tablespoons water
- dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large bowl, combine crab, avocados, cream cheese, spring onions, and chilli powder. Mix together until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place about 1-2 tablespoons of the crab-avocado mixture in the centre of each wonton. Place water in a small bowl. Dip your fingers in the water and then pinch together the sides of the wontons so that they stick together. Lay each triangular wonton in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spray wontons heavily with cooking spray.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until tops begin to brown. Remove from oven and carefully turn wontons over. Return to oven and bake another 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving with dipping sauce.