The delicious seafood combination pairs well with a rich and creamy white Alfredo sauce to make an easy lasagna meal.
Spinach and Seafood Lasagna
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Pasta
Serves: 12 servings
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodle sheets
- ¾ tablespoon butter or margarine
- 300 g scallops, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup cooked crab-meat
- 170 g cooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, tail shells removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 225 g cream cheese (with chives and onion if you can get it)
- 490 g jar Dolmio Alfredo pasta sauce or 1½ cups of our Alfredo Sauce
- ⅓ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 450 g ricotta cheese
- 3 cups Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt Blend
- 250 g chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 175°C. Spray 23 x 20 x 3 cm (3 litre) baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain lasagna noodles as directed on package using minimum cook time.
- Meanwhile, in a 25 cm skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add scallops; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until firm and opaque. With slotted spoon, remove to a medium bowl.
- Add crab-meat and shrimp; cover and refrigerate.
- In the same skillet, cook onion and garlic 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese until softened.
- Beat in Alfredo sauce and wine with wire whisk; remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the cheese blend, the spinach, basil and egg; set aside.
To build the lasagna
- Spread ½ cup of the cream cheese sauce in baking dish.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles.
- Spread half of the ricotta mixture (about 1½ cups) and ⅓ of the seafood mixture (about 1 cup) over noodles; spread with ⅔ cup of the cream cheese sauce.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles, the remaining ricotta mixture, half the remaining seafood mixture and ⅔ cup of the cream cheese sauce.
- Top with remaining noodles, seafood and cream cheese sauce.
- Cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes; uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese blend. Bake uncovered about 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
If seafood pieces are large, cut into smaller pieces. This will make the lasagna easier to cut and serve.