Crumbed Tilapia Bites
Quick and easy panko crusted fish fingers to enjoy with a spicy dipping sauce.
- 4 x 180 g tilapia fillets, each cut into 4 strips
- ½ cup seasoned flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 2 large eggs, whisked lightly
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Mix together the seasoned flour and ginger and lightly coat the tilapia strips. Dip the floured strips in egg and then coat with panko crumbs. Let fish stand for at least 15 minutes and up to six hours before cooking.
- Heat oil in a 23cm skillet .
- Add fillets and cook for 2½-3 minutes on first side or until golden brown. Turn fish and continue to cook on remaining side for 1½ - 2 minutes. Drain fish on a paper towel and serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce or Sweet Chilli Sauce.