Lightly seasoned flounder cooked with a crisp crust and served with a piquant lemon and wine flavoured butter sauce and capers.
- 4 flounder fillets (170g each approx) (skin left on is optional)
- ¼ cup plain flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and then dredge in flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add floured and seasoned flounder fillets to the pan and cook for 1½ minutes on each side or until flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Add wine, juice, and capers to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the butter to the pan and stir until the butter melts.
- Remove fish and sauce from pan and serve garnished with chopped parsley.