A delightful Thai sauce is added to steamed mussels for a wonder appetiser or snack.Very easy to prepare.
Hoi Mang Pu Ob Mor Din - Steamed Mussels with Lime Leaves and Galangal
- 500g mussels, scrubbed, beards removed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, sliced into 2 cm pieces
- 2 pieces galangal
- 5 dried Kaffir lime leaves
- Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan. Add lemon grass, galangal and lime leaves. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mussels. Cover saucepan with a lid and cook for 15 minutes until mussels open. Stir occasionally.
- Warm a serving tureen or deep casserole and when mussels are ready, remove and arrange in the dish.
- Pour cooking liquid, galangal, and lime leaves over the mussels.
Serve with Nam Prik Kapi - Spicy Dried Shrimp Sauce