Pan-fried Tilapia Fillets with Asian Dressing
A delightful combination of Asian flavours combine nicely as a dressing for these pan fried tilapia fillets.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- small knob fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- juice of 1 lime (plus 1 lime chopped into pieces for serving)
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Coat the tilapia fillets in cornflour and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, cook the fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side until crisp, then remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, briefly fry the spring onion, garlic and ginger, then add the soy sauce, brown sugar and lime juice and simmer until slightly syrupy.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish, scatter with chilli and coriander, then serve with the lime pieces.