- 600 g potatoes, washed thoroughly & chopped in 3 cm chunks
- 200 g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 fillets (about 650 g) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained & rinsed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- In the same pot, add the green beans and blanch them for 1 minute or until bright green and crunchy. Drain.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat half of olive oil in a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked through.
- Stir through the butter and reduce to a low heat.
- Once the butter has melted, spoon the pan juices over the salmon. Remove the salmon from the pan and rest on a plate.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the dill, capers and some pepper to the remaining butter sauce.
- To serve, divide the potato and green beans between plates, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve your pan-fried salmon on the side with the caper butter sauce.
chef’s knife, chopping board, large saucepan, colander, medium frying pan, tongs and plate.