Roast Salmon Fillet with Herbs
For an easy dinner with a burst of omega-3 and the freshness of minced herbs this roasted salmon fillet is a great recipe to try.
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (900g - 1.25kg)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup minced spring onions, white and green parts (about 4 spring onions)
- ½ cup minced fresh dill
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the salmon fillet in a glass, ceramic, or stainless-steel roasting dish and season it generously with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle the mixture evenly over the salmon. Let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the minced herbs (spring onions, dill, and parsley).
- Scatter the herb mixture over the salmon fillet, turning it so that both sides are generously coated with the green herbs.
- Pour the wine around the fish fillet.
- Roast the salmon for 10 to 12 minutes, until almost cooked in the centre at the thickest part. (The centre will be firm with just a line of uncooked salmon in the very centre. )
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the salmon crosswise into serving pieces and serve hot with lemon wedges.