This is an easy salmon dinner idea the whole family will enjoy. It’s simple and doesn’t require any lengthy marinating ; the salmon turns out flaky, juicy and absolutely delicious with the homemade teriyaki sauce.
- Combine sake, mirin, and soy sauce in a small bowl; set teriyaki sauce aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Season salmon lightly with salt.
- Working in batches and adding more oil if needed, cook, skin side down, until skin is brown and crisp, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook until other side is just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour off any fat in skillet. Bring teriyaki sauce to a boil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until reduced by two-thirds, about 4 minutes.
- Add salmon, skin side up, and cook, spooning sauce over, until sauce is syrupy and salmon is just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with sansho powder, if using.