Spicy Crusted Salmon with Asparagus and Preserved Lemon Salad
Author: The Cook
Serves: Serves 4
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 Atlantic salmon fillets, skin on, scales removed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
For the crumbed salmon
- 1 tablespoon crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon soft light muscovado sugar
- small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
For the salad
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1 preserved lemon, seeds and flesh removed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes cut into chunks
- 2 handfuls rocket washed
- 4 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a bowl, mix the cumin, coriander, sesame seeds, paprika, allspice, sugar and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mixture all over the flesh side of the salmon and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Bring a medium sized pan of salted water to the boil. Place in the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Drain then cool and set aside.
- In a hot non-stick frying pan seal the salmon skin side down first, then place in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the salmon to cook, chop the lemon skin and place in a medium sized bowl. Then add the asparagus, shallots, chilli, tomatoes, rocket and a splash of extra virgin olive oil, season and mix.
- When the salmon is cooked, divide between 4 warm plates, top with the salad. Finish with a spoonful of yoghurt, cracked pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.