Try something different on the BBQ this summer with our watermelon and scallop kebabs. Juicy and refreshing summer food.
Watermelon and Scallop Kebabs
- 12 scallops, shelled
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 24 - 2½ cm x 2½cm watermelon cubes
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- Cut the scallops into halves across the diameter to create half-moon shapes and place, in a single layer, in a heatproof casserole dish .
- Pour the boiling clear broth over the scallops and leave them to cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool the scallops.
- On each skewer alternate 1 half-moon scallop, then 2 watermelon cubes, then another half-moon scallop.
- For the basting mixture; Mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Brush the kebabs as they are grilled over a medium hot grill for about 90 seconds per side turning once.
- Serve warm.