Chorba d'Crevette - Moroccan Shrimp Soup
An easy to make Moroccan seafood shrimp soup made with fresh or frozen shrimps, leek, onion, and a variety of spices.
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ leek
- ¼ cup rice
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen shrimp
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh ginger
- pinch of saffron
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- extra salt and pepper, to taste
- Begin by grating a medium onion into a bowl and roughly chopping ½ a cleaned leek.
- In a large pan add 2 tablespoons butter and turn heat to medium high.
- Once the butter begins to melt, add the onion and leek and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the ginger, saffron, turmeric, and pepper and stir.
- Once everything is combined add the vegetable broth and rice. Cook 15-20 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Add the shrimp last. Once the shrimp are pink the soup is ready to serve.
- Add salt and pepper as desired to taste.