Garlic and sweet chilli sauce bring out the best in this succulent and aromatic fried rice dish.
Garlic Prawns and Sweet Chilli Fried Rice
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400 g peeled green king prawns, tail on
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 5 cups cold cooked jasmine rice
- 1½ cups frozen green peas
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped : plus extra leaves to garnish
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil and garlic in a large snap lock plastic bag. Add prawns and toss to coat in mixture. Seal and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a wok over high heat. Swirl eggs around wok and cook for 1-2 minutes until set. Fold omelette over and transfer to a plate then roll and slice
- Add prawns to wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until pink and almost cooked through.
- Add green onions, cooked rice and frozen peas. Stir-fry until hot.
- Toss through omelette, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and coriander.
- Scatter with extra coriander leaves and serve
You will need to cook 2½ cups jasmine rice to make 5 cups cooked rice. Cook the rice the day before and refrigerate in an airtight container. Alternatively, use the equivalent in quick-cook microwave rice.