This is a delicious dish for your next BBQ or dinner with friends. The secret to this shrimp and mandarin salad is the sweet citrus flavour !
Shrimp and Mandarin Salad
- 700 g large shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked and coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- juice of 1 lemon
- 5 mandarins, 3 juiced, 2 peeled and segmented
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 - 8 cups baby salad greens
- In a glass bowl, add shrimp, onion, Jalapeño pepper, 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, mandarin segments, juices and cumin. Gently mix and refrigerate for one hour.
- Just before serving, dice and gently stir in the coriander, salt and pepper.
- Toss salad greens with 1 tablespoon olive oil, place onto plates and top with avocado slices and shrimp mixture.